Friday, May 01, 2009

May 3 / Jun 6: animator Ken Priebe on faith & film


Ken is a local animator who also writes for Hollywood Jesus. Ken wrote the book on stop-motion animation - quite literally. Until I add contact info to this, if you might be interested in attending either event, email me or post a response here and i"ll pass it on to Ken.

I know it's short notice but just thought I'd let you know I'm giving the morning message at Cedar Park Church in Ladner this weekend, Sunday May 3 10:40am. It's on 'Faith & Film: Taking God's Detour' and centers around the Pixar movie CARS.

It's partly a kick-off for my upcoming animation festival, also at Cedar Park on Sat June 6. The festival will consist of workshops & family activities in the afternoon, a short film screening, then a BBQ and an evening presentation I'll be giving on 'Animation as an Act of Worship', talking about spiritual themes in movies like PINOCCHIO and THE IRON GIANT, etc.

Ken Priebe

No comments: